- BrandЗавод Спецавтоматика, ОАО
- Country of manufactureBelarus
- Type of fire extinguisherPowder-type
- Heightв ассортименте "
- Weightв ассортименте g
- Method of operatonManual
- Volumeв ассортименте L
- Diameterв ассортименте "
- Operating pressureв ассортименте atm
- Weight of fire extinguishing agentв ассортименте kg
Powder fire extinguishers (OP) are designed to extinguish small foci of ignition of liquids, gases, oil products, wood, metals and alloys, electrical installations up to 1 kV. Not effective in extinguishing alkalis and alkali metals, substances that burn without air. A solid aerosol (powder based on mineral salts) is used as a fire extinguishing agent (OTV) in a fire extinguisher.
There are manual and mobile OP models. Fire extinguishers with a mass of fire extinguishers up to 6 kg are referred to manual ones.
Technical characteristics and properties of dry powder fire extinguishers:
- application for extinguishing fires of classes A, B, C, E;
- the length of the OTV stream is 2 - 6 m;
- the mineral composition of the powder (phosphorammonium salts, bicarbonate, sodium and potassium chlorides, organosilicon compounds, talc, white soot);
- the volume of the cylinder is 1 - 100 liters (for example, OP - 10 is a fire extinguisher with a capacity of 10 liters);
- operating temperature from - 40 to 50 degrees Celsius;
- response time 5 - 15 seconds;
- affordable prices for OP fire extinguishers;
- the first recharging of fire extinguishers is carried out after 5 years, recharging is repeated every 2 years (recharging is required if the arrow of the pressure gauge of the locking and starting device has dropped to the red line);
- more compact dimensions of the structure, in comparison with a carbon dioxide fire extinguisher.
To ensure a long shelf life, the OP fire extinguisher must be stored in a specially designated place. The powder fire extinguisher must not be carried, shaken or dropped. When using OP in closed rooms, personal protective equipment should be used.
Operating instructions and operating principle
It is necessary to direct the fire extinguisher at the source of ignition and press the locking and starting device. When pressed, the plug is punctured, which separates the cylinder with nitrogen or carbon dioxide. The gas flows down the cylinder and creates overpressure, which leads to the displacement of the extinguishing agent to the extinguishing agent supply barrel. Under the influence of excessive pressure, the powder is sprayed over the surface of the ignition source, sintered and solidified, blocking access to air, thereby eliminating a small fire source.
Powder fire extinguishers are used in production facilities, garages, workshops, gas stations, trucks, and cars. In rooms that are rarely visited by people, self - triggering powder fire extinguishers are installed, which provides automatic fire extinguishing.